We do monthly online screenings and one annual event in Paris, France. The winners of the Monthly contents are automatically selected for consideration in the annual event. But, you already knew that, considering you are here reading on our website! Here is a link if you are interested in participating in our film festival.
P.S- We only accept submissions through Film Freeway.
Here is what we offer you –
– Screening of your film before a live audience in France
– Finding an audience that resonates with the idea of film as an art and a platform from which you can get honest and constructive feedback
-The finalists and the winner will get certificates as well as laurels highlighting their achievement
-All selected films will be awarded with our official laurel
– The Best Film Winner will get a featured interview
We accept submissions exclusively via FilmFreeway. Here’s a few rules that we follow.
1. To be considered in the competition, you must enter in at least one Main Main Category. You can enter in as many categories as you want.
2. Films must have been produced after 1/1/2000
3. There are no restrictions on theme, genre or author. We consider films in any language, from anywhere in the world. If your film is not in English, make sure it has English subtitles where necessary.
4. For student fees (under 18 only), it is mandatory the student status evidence (e.g copy of student card included in the project)
5. By submitting your film, you agree that Beyond the Curve International Film Festival can use parts of your film (including trailer/teaser/film poster) for promotional purposes. A short synopsis and digital still photo is required for all scripts and all entries (except music videos) for the jury, and for our website announcements should you win.
6. Entry fees are non-refundable.
7. Each film will be watched by at least two different panels of judges. You can track the watches on Vimeo tracker if you are using Vimeo. However, we’ve had cases in which watches weren’t recorded correctly, including for some of the films which were accepted. Please note that they are not always reliable.
8. You may submit as many entries as you like. Each entry requires its own entry fee. To submit to one or more sub-category, you need to submit your entry to at least one main category.
9. Reviews and Interviews will be published on our Festival website which you can use in your Press Kit.
10. Filmmakers must have obtained all clearances for exhibition and must certify that the work is original and no disputes regarding ownership exist with the film.
Best Narrative Feature
Best Narrative Short
Best Documentary (Narrative/Short)
Best Supporting Actor
Best Supporting Actress
Best Web Series Pilot
Best Midnight Movie (Any genre)
Best Queer Narrative
Best Short Script or Screenplay
Best Feature Script or Screenplay
Expert Analysis of Film
Expert Opinion on Screenplay
One Minute Film
Best Mobile Short
We are based in Paris, France. Our monthly screening is online. It happens on our website every month. We do an annual physical screening in Paris.
A discount code lasts 7 days after it’s sent to you. You can ask for a different code if the one that’s sent to you expired.
You can always ask for a different code.
No, the discount codes don’t apply on Gold filmmakers as Gold filmmakers already get a 10% discount on our submission fees
We are a monthly festival which happens every month.
Yes, we do. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Yes, you can. It’s advisable that you add all the credits on your FilmFreeway including your cast and crew.
Yes, we do. We don’t yet have a separate category for it. It’s something that we are working on.
We accept both scripts and films. We have a Short, Feature and Web Series Script category.
Yes, once you opt in for the Interview, you can mail as telling whom you want to be interviewed. We will send you the questionnaire accordingly.