Rules and Regulations
We are not fans of rules per say. But sometimes, it's necessary. So here it goes -
1. There are no restrictions on theme, genre or author.
2. Films must have been produced after 1/1/2000
3. We consider films in any language, from anywhere in the world. If your film is not in English, make sure it has English subtitles where necessary.
4. For student fees (under 18 only), it is mandatory the student status evidence (e.g copy of student card included in the project)
5. By submitting your film, you agree that Beyond the Curve International Film Festival can use parts of your film (including trailer/teaser/film poster) for promotional purposes. A short synopsis and digital still photo is required for all scripts and all entries (except music videos) for the jury, and for our website announcements should you win.
6. Entry fees are non-refundable.
7. Each film will be watched by at least two different panels of judges. You can track the watches on Vimeo tracker if you are using Vimeo. However, we've had cases in which watches weren't recorded correctly, including for some of the films which were accepted. Please note that they are not always reliable.
8. You may submit as many entries as you like. Each entry requires its own entry fee.
9. Reviews and Interviews will be published on our Festival website which you can use in your Press Kit.
10. Filmmakers must have obtained all clearances for exhibition and must certify that the work is original and no disputes regarding ownership exist with the film.